Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I need to GET PACKIN'!

Alright...here's a little story for y'all.....so last night...I had an
awful night...I think I cried for 3 hours straight!
(some dumb things and some major things all mixed in one....too much for this pregnant lady to handle) So after I finally started to ge
t calmed down I started having contractions...I noticed that
I was having a lot of them...so I started to time them....at first they
were every 3-5 minutes. I thought maybe if I just
layed there very still they would go away....WRONG!
They got more and more painful...so I got in
a warm bath....at like midnight....and they started getting
closer and stronger....my belly would contort with every one and
I would wince in pain...so I texted a dear friend of mine and asked
her what I should do....(it never seems like
common sense when you are in the situation yourself).
Since it was the middle of the night and we didn't know if they
would check me quick and send me home my friend took me to
the hospital while Ryan stayed with the kids. I got there, they ran
me through the wringer with millions of questions
and all that jazz. Oh before I forget...I had been to the dr earlier
that day and was dilated to a 1. So after the interagation the nurse
checked me and asked,"What were you in the office?"
I said a 1...she said, "and when was that?" I said today....she was shocked!
I was dilated to a loose 3!!!!! I was shocked (but at the same time relieved that I
wasn't making things up in my head...lol)
So the contractions were real and I was in labor.
I was also in a lot of pain! LOTS of back pain!
So they shot me up with morphine and phenagren....didn't help...so they
gave me some terbutaline (to stop the contractions)....kinda
helped but made me SOOOOO sick...I had the trash can on the
bed with me and my face inside it! Gross....but they
didn't have anything else to barf in! haha after still being
in pain they gave me some demerol...that helped a little,
but man oh man was I jittery and sick from that terb!!!
Ewww!
My friend left to get home and take care
of her own family and I fell asleep for a friggin hour!
Ugh...the nurse came in and told me to go home!
So here I am now dilated to a 3 tired and sick to my stomach.....but
I don't care...I am so ready to have this little one!
I'm hoping I deliver soon. So....in all of this
I realized that I haven't washed any of the baby's clothes and don't
have my hospital bag packed or anything....so, I guess
I need to get packin! Wish us all luck and pray for a
healthy baby when she comes!
And also pray that I will be all packed and ready to go!

6 comments:

Liseylew said...

oh man!! Ive been there a couple of times!! they sent me home with Lane dialated to a 5!!! I didnt dare to poop!!
Im so sorry you feel so yucky! can i do anything for you?

The Quintana Family said...

Wow you could have her soon!!! Keep us posted, and I can't wait to see pics of the little cutie. Did you decide a name yet?

Erin said...

Ali, I am so sorry you are so miserable. The things we do to get these babies here huh?! I hope you are feeling better or atlesast getting some rest. Love ya girl :)

Becky said...

I cant believe they didnt give you anything to throw up in! How mean! lol Tyler ripped that thing off the wall that they actually use to suction stuff. I dont know what its called but I puked in it. Tyler was like "uh what should we do with this" No one knew since no one ever puked in one. ha ha

Beth Monson said...

Good luck with everything Ali since it sounds like she will be here soon! We will be praying for a healthy baby.

Brooke said...

Wow! Everyone else might think differently, but I think you are lucky! I am 2 days away from dday and NOTHING!!!!!!!!!