Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Heaven and a heavy heart...

What do you picture when you think about Heaven?
This is what I think Heaven might look like...
Whenever I see beautiful clouds in the sky I always think about Bryce and my dad. 
This is a popular one for those of us belonging to 
the LDS faith....
 So comforting to think that our savior will be there waiting 
for us when we leave this earth. I like to think that there is
only an overwhelming feeling of love in Heaven, no sadness or anger.
I've been thinking an awful lot about this for the past week or two
now. There is a young couple in my sisters ward who just had a baby and 10 days later that baby's father past away due to leukemia.
My heart is breaking for this family.
My hope is that this is how he was greeted after passing....

I really put a lot of faith and hope into the LDS gospel's plan of 
salvation. I have to say that it is the reason I am sane today from the loss I've had in my life. It's so comforting knowing that
we will be with our families after this life and forever. 
My heart goes out to this family who is having to
deal with such a hard loss right now. I sure hope they can feel the
love and prayers that are going out to them.

3 comments:

Pieces of Us said...

A girl in my ward is cousin's with the wife of this man. It breaks my heart. Thank heavens for the gospel. It is only thing that brings peace in times like this.

Stefanie Horsley said...

So heartbreaking. I can't stop thiking about how people could make it through things like this without the gospel. It makes me SO grateful for the gospel.

oops! said...

Sweet post Ali! Heartache, you have felt it, so you understand!
Thank Heavens for the knowledge we have! xoxo